Our lacquer masters are cut by a renowned mastering engineer with over 20 years experience cutting records by Beyonce, 50 cent, Flaming Lips, Thievery Corporation, Smashing Pumpkins, and many more major and independent artists. We cut lacquer on a Neumann VMS-70, undeniably the best lathe cutter ever made. Our engineer's years of experience and meticulous attention to detail guarantees the highest quality lacquer masters available today.
We cut from most digital formats as well as ¼ inch, and ½ inch analog tape.
Digital master specifications – WAV, AIFF, 16, 24, 32 Bit, 44.1K, 48K. 96K, and 192K.
We recommend limiting the length of each side of the record to 19 minutes in order to preserve sound quality.
We offer one, two, and three-step plating, done by the top plating experts in the business with over 40 years of experience making stampers for tens of thousands of vinyl releases.
We highly recommend two-step plating to ensure the quality pressing and the most efficient way to press reorders.
We have lovingly restored six vintage presses the very presses that pressed Bob Marley, Lee Scratch Perry, Inner Circle, 50 Cent, Mary J Blige, and many more.
Our presses include US made Hamilton and Lened machines.
We offer full packaging services :
- Labels in both black & white, and full color
- Jackets in multiple formats – single, double, gatefold
- Jackets in black & white or full color
- Inner sleeves - white, black, poly-wrapped
- Shrink wrap
- Download cards
- Stickers and inserts
Check our Resources page for labels and jackets templates.
Record sizes + Vinyl Weights
- 12” - albums and singles (33 1/3 and 45 RPMs)
- 7” - singles, aka 45s, with both small and big center holes
- 10” - EPs, short program albums, 33 1/3 and 45 RPMs.
- Standard – 140g, Medium – 150g , Heavy – 180g, and up to 200g
We are proud to offer specialty records such as picture discs, full color discs, and multi-color discs.